you feel tired and just keep going
you are hyperconnected and don’t know how to disconnect
you still struggle to focus on priorities after two years into pandemic
you want to be a journalist and also have a personal life
you are concerned about your health and don’t know what to do about it
- How to keep your inner battery charged under pressure
- How to relate to the digital world in a healthier way
- How to set healthy boundaries with yourself and others
- How to manage negative thoughts and emotions
- How to stay focused on what matters most
You spend most of your time working.
Make it a practice to work and stay healthy!
Habit change requires consistent focus and practice
Your time is limited and precious, yet quick fixes don't work. That’s why this course is spread over 4 weeks, the minimum time it takes to get unstuck from unhealthy habits. No worries though, you’ll see results by just spending 15-20 minutes a day! There’s always the option to take a deeper dive with one-on-one coaching sessions.
WEEK 1: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT STRESS
- Day 1: Welcome to the course!
- Day 2: Too much stress, too long is harmful
- Day 3: How to track your stress levels
- Day 4: The digital world is stressing you out
- Day 5: Avoid depleting your inner battery
WEEK 2: HOW TO MANAGE YOUR STRESS
- Day 6: Your mind is often somewhere else
- Day 7: Get a grip on your unconscious habits
- Day 8: Pause before you act!
- Day 9: Take charge of your time thieves
- Day 10: Just one thing at a time
WEEK 3: WHO’S IN CHARGE? YOU ARE!
- Day 11: Give yourself permission to feel
- Day 12: Focus on what matters
- Day 13: Time flies, but you’re the pilot!
- Day 14: Set limits with yourself and others
- Day 15: Do you really need to be always connected?
WEEK 4: WHY THE RIGHT ATTITUDE MATTERS
- Day 16: Listen with an open mind
- Day 17: The power of purpose
- Day 18: Support culture change in your newsroom
- Day 19: Learn to turn your attention to the positive
- Day 20: Making well-being a priority
“The Self-Investigation is an essential tool for today’s journalists to be able to cope with toxic digital environments (...) and to look into themselves and their mental and physical health.”Carla Minet, Executive Director,
Centro de Periodismo Investigativo (Puerto Rico)
“I really appreciated the boundary setting exercises (...) making sure you are setting boundaries both for yourself and your colleagues, with your supervisors and the people you supervise.”Jonah Newman, Editor,
Injustice Watch (USA)
“I had a coaching session and for me that was an eye opener. I learned how to be more myself, figure out what is holding me back (...) and how to draw the line on certain issues.”Carol Beyanga, Head of Partnership and Monetisation,
Monitor Publications Limited (Uganda)
“It's really important for journalists to learn about stress management tools and techniques and also to learn about their stress triggers. In my opinion, if you don’t learn about it beforehand, you will learn about it one way or another, but it might just be a little too late.”Carolyn Thompson, Freelance Data Journalist
Take the course as a 20-day challenge
November 21 - December 16, 2022
You can follow this course at your own pace. But we all know it’s easier to stay committed when you're taking a course with others and for a defined period of time.
Here's why you should join our 20-day challenge:
It's an excuse to focus on your well-being every day.
Stay motivated and on track.
Get a boost from sharing about struggles and victories with pee.
Get inspiration from weekly live sessions with the trainers or watch the recording later.
They will happen on Wednesdays:
- November 23, 1:00-2:00pm CET
- December 7, 3:00-4:00pm CET
- December 14, 1:00-2:00pm CET
1. It’s both practical and impactful
The course content is based on the latest evidenced-based research from the fields of neurobiology, mindfulness, psychology and personal development. We take a holistic approach and address the whole of you: the physical, mental and emotional. The course is also designed specifically for journalists by certified experts who have extensive media experience.
2. We know what we are talking about, we’ve been there ourselves
The Self-Investigation trainers and coaches teach what they had to learn: managing fast-paced and high stress-level jobs, digital overload, trauma-related stress or burn out.
3. A self-paced course that you can take in different ways:
- On your own, when you want, to fit your busy schedule.
- As a 20-day challenge, for those who prefer more structure and need a group to stay motivated and on track. These will be offered twice a year.
- With colleagues or your newsroom. This way, you can create change at both a personal and team level. You can also consider adding a few tailor-made sessions with the trainers, at extra cost.
- With more personalized support from a coach, at extra cost.
When are the monthly live sessions taking place?
From May until December 2022 we will host 8 live and interactive sessions with our trainers. These sessions are included in the Premium package or can be purchased as a separate pack. The dates of the sessions are: May 10th, June 7th, July 5th, Sept 6th, Oct 4th, Nov 8th, Dec 6th. The sessions take place at 4pm CET
How much time will the course take?
You can take this course at your own pace. In order to get the most out of it, we recommend that you follow the course in the way it was designed, by dedicating 15 to 20 minutes a day over a period of 4 weeks. If you need more structure and interaction to stay on track, consider joining one of our 20-day challenges.
When can I sign up?
You can sign up at any time, individually or as a group. We offer discounts to groups of more than 5 and to newsrooms. We can also design tailor-made sessions to support group needs, at extra cost. Please email us at email@example.com for more information if you are interested in a group discount and curious about tailor-made options.
What is the cost? Can I cancel once I have paid?
You can review the pricing options here. We believe in the quality and effectiveness of the “How to be a healthy journalist in an always-on culture” course. You can enroll and try it out for 7 days, starting March 14th. If you are not fully satisfied, we’ll give you a full refund. We encourage you to join and see for yourself! What do you have to lose?
How long will I be able to access the course?
You’ll have guaranteed access for six months from the time you enrolled. You can hold on to the slides of the sessions forever if you like, you just need to download them.
Is a group discount available?
Yes, we provide discounts if you decide to take the course with a group or your team. This discount is available for a group of 5 individuals or more. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What journalism experience level do I need to take this course?
This course is available to journalists of all professional levels, including journalism students.
Email us at email@example.com